1. Have a piece of my writing published (online or in print).-- I have written two pieces (read em here and here) for the Five Minute Friday link-up with Lisa Jo Baker's blog, and am guest-posting on my friend Marri's blog later this month! Yay!
2. Get family pictures taken.-- done! We got pictures taken over Christmas break. I'll be sure to do a whole post on this so you can see some cute pics of Emmett
3. Make a trip to the West Coast.-- ticket is booked! I'm going to California in July for my dear friend Chelsea's wedding to be a bridesmaid with all of my other college besties, and will also get to see one of my other best friends from home, Vanessa, while I'm out there!
4. Take part in a musical or play (acting, directing, helping behind the scenes, etc.).
5. Bake a gourmet cake.
6. Pay down at least 50% of my school debt.
7. Write and illustrate a children's story for Emmett.--I have a concept that I'm so excited about (it involves a very special horse and a lonely old farmer) and a few sketch ideas drawn out. I'm sure this will be one of my longest to accomplish items this year, but I'm thrilled at the progress so far!
8. Run a mile (no stopping or walking!).
9. Memorize 25 psalms.
10. Cook the turkey! (Thanksgiving? Christmas? another special occasion? just for the heck of it?)
11. Have a romantic getaway weekend with my hubby.
12. Host a themed party.
13. Read 10 literary classics (that I've never read before!)
14. Eat healthy, hearty salads for one meal a day for a whole week (I hate salads so this is a good goal for me!)--starting this TODAY, as Neil and I are getting serious about eating healthy and we're prepping for going vegan for a month in March. Salad #1: a fajita-inspired salad with romaine, black beans, sauteed veggies (red peppers, onion, mushrooms), a tiny bit of cheese, and a multi-grain and flax seed wrap on the side which was perfect for soaking up the black bean juice.
15. Take a creative writing workshop (online or at a local community college?).
16. Listen to one new artist/band per week (let those suggestions start rolling in!)- ah I'm behind on this one! I should have 7 new artists so far, as 7 weeks have passed since I established this list on my birthday. I have two so far (The Lone Bellow and Macklemore). Please please send suggestions via facebook or in the comment section below! I'm excited to catch up on this one.
17. Try eating vegan for one month.- my best friend Char and her boyfriend Scott just put together a fabulous document with recipes, substitutions, suggestions, blogs and general info that we're pouring over right now in preparation for meal planning and going for this adventure in March! SO excited!
18. Make homemade toffee, fudge, chocolate croissants, or my mom's carrot cake recipe that Claire made for our wedding.-- done! My sister, mom and I actually made the carrot cake together for my mom's birthday when we headed home to NJ for the weekend. It was so special to make this recipe with family, and it turned out absolutely delicious!!!
19. Go for a picturesque hike somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
20. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
21. Paint a mural for Emmett's nursery.
22. Go on a picnic with family and/or friends somewhere beautiful on a spring or summer day.
23. Write the thank you notes that I've been needing to write for a really long time (ah yes, I still haven't written them).
24. Take a day or weekend trip to the shore with my family and experience the ocean through a child's eyes.25. Tell 25 people why I am grateful that they are in my life.
Okay, so there's still 11 months of my 25th year, but I'm very pleased with how the list is coming along so far! Looking forward to February beginning tomorrow and continuing the adventures of Year 25!
January love to you all,