December 1, 2012

Well, hello there December!

I have to say, this year has kind of flown by and I cannot believe it's already December 1st! It's my favorite month, as I turn another year older every December, and also anticipate the celebration of the birth of Christ throughout the Advent Season. I have a hard time being down/sad during December, as I absolutely love love love Christmas music, holiday decorations, Christmas hymns and church services, family traditions, and the prospect of a new year (I always love a fresh start).

Today we kicked off December in a lovely way. We helped Neil's grandmother Opal decorate her tree over a delicious Southern breakfast (I'm starting to love me some biscuits and sausage gravy!), went antiquing, cleaned our apartment (to prepare for decorating!), and got to spend some time 'hanging out' with our best friends up in Maine over a hilarious Skype date. I was thrilled to have a slow morning, drive around the country side with my hubby next to me and my sweet boy in the backseat sleeping, and happen upon some vintage Christmas bulbs to add to our growing collection while antiquing. I also picked up an old gingerbread cookie cutter that inspired me to get cracking on my holiday baking! Topping off the evening with a quiet night at home, while being able to see and spend time with friends we miss so dearly over the internet truly lifted my spirits and made me more thankful than ever for this past year and the support they (and so many of our other friends and family members) have given us.

Here are some pictures from this morning and our time at Opal's. I am so thankful that Neil let me play around a little bit on his Nikon. ;) The pictures of me, Emmett and 'Miss Annie' (Opal's chihuahua) were taken by Neil but the others were a few that I snapped in the morning light of this first December Saturday.












Not our best family portrait, but I really wanted one of the three of us in front of the tree before we left ;) Hopefully there will be many more to come this holiday season!

Hope your December has started off in a beautiful way, and I can't wait to see what this month brings!

Love and vintage ornaments,
Mama Bird

2 comments:

  1. These pictures came out beautiful! Happy December, love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thanks Char! Happy best month ever to you too ;)

      Delete