As I embark on my 25th year, I decided to make a list of 25 tangible goals and dreams that I'd love to check off my greater life list. So, this year, hopefully this list will not be a barometer through which I measure the year's success (as I have a tendency to do when I set goals), but more a gentle reminder of the things I love and strive for, and hopefully I will be forgiving and have grace with myself when undoubtedly a few of these remain unchecked by next December 13th. But there's nothing wrong with dreaming :)
1. Have a piece of my writing published (online or in print).
2. Get family pictures taken.
3. Make a trip to the West Coast.
4. Take part in a musical or play (acting, directing, helping behind the scenes, etc.).
5. Bake a gourmet cake.
6. Pay down at least 50% of my school debt.
7. Write and illustrate a children's story for Emmett.
8. Run a mile (no stopping or walking!).
9. Memorize 25 psalms.
10. Cook the turkey! (Thanksgiving? Christmas? another special occasion? just for the heck of it?)
11. Have a romantic getaway weekend with my hubby.
12. Host a themed party.
13. Read 10 literary classics (that I've never read before!)
14. Eat healthy, hearty salads for one meal a day for a whole week (I hate salads so this is a good goal for me!)
15. Take a creative writing workshop (online or at a local community college?).
16. Listen to one new artist/band per week (let those suggestions start rolling in!)
17. Try eating vegan for one month.
18. Make homemade toffee, fudge, chocolate croissants, or my mom's carrot cake recipe that Claire made for our wedding.
19. Go for a picturesque hike somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
20. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
21. Paint a mural for Emmett's nursery.
22. Go on a picnic with family and/or friends somewhere beautiful on a spring or summer day.
23. Write the thank you notes that I've been needing to write for a really long time (ah yes, I still haven't written them).
24. Take a day or weekend trip to the shore with my family and experience the ocean through a child's eyes.
25. Tell 25 people why I am grateful that they are in my life.
Love, chocolate cake, and life lists,