May 18, 2012

A letter to our little bird (50 days and counting)...

Dear baby,
Feeling you move is the best part of my day. No matter what kind of day I have had, your little sighs and squirms and rolls and punches make me stop for a minute and look down at my growing belly and smile, and thank God that you are being knit together inside of me. I truly can't wait to hold you, to see you, to kiss your soft little cheeks and forehead and fingers, and rock you to sleep each night, to teach you, to cry with you, to love you and learn from you each day of your life, sweet boy. Just seven more weeks until our adventure together starts. 
Love,
Mama


Today marks 50 days until our little bird is due to enter the world. We just arrived in Virginia a few days ago, and there is still a lot to do in preparation for baby's arrival. We are going to be living in the basement apartment of my husband's parents' house on a farm-- so different from anything I've ever known before! I feel excited at the possibilities of how to decorate the nursery and set up our new home. I am anxious to learn from my mother-in-law, the ultimate Southern mama who cooks, quilts, cans, gardens, sews, crochets, knits, and is an all-around wonderful teacher as I embark on my new journey of motherhood (and staying at home full-time with baby!). I am having more and more trouble sleeping through the night as my body prepares for baby's arrival-- especially as I lie awake thinking about when he will come and what I'd still like to accomplish before he gets here. However, I know he'll be loved and this home will envelop him with sweetness whether his nursery is finished, I've done all of my reading on how to prepare for delivery, or I'm fully 'emotionally ready' by the time the Lord says it's time.

So, baby, here's to 7 more weeks of me and your papa giving up our control over the tiny details and our expectations of how things will be before and when you come!

2 comments:

  1. Love this already! Will be following you on your sweet journey, you sweet young momma!
    Mrs Breve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Breve! So glad you will be joining me for the journey :) I'm excited to see where this takes us!

    ReplyDelete